Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newmacer2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
Denver Colorado
I've been having a lot of trouble lately with my iMac being extremely slow. I've done everything I know to speed it up. Then, I found Adobe Creative Cloud in my Applications folder. I also received an email on my phone asking me to install it on my phone. I got rid of the program on my computer and like magic, my computer is as fast as it ever was. I don't know how it got on my iMac, but I'm glad it's gone. Has anybody had this problem?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Adobe creative cloud on iOS device? Never heard of it.
But I don't let creative cloud desktop app start alongside the system, but run it when I check app update.
Maybe you could try this.

Newmacer2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
Denver Colorado
Well, I didn't make it up. The message I received on my phone started out by saying, "Use Adobe mobile apps to create on the go and then complete your designs on your desktop. Join Adobe Creative Cloud today." The fact that they had my email address is no mystery, since I've tested some of their products, but how they managed to put the app on my iMac without my permission is scary, not to mention upsetting. Glad I was able to get rid of it. I once liked Adobe when they sold their products outright, but I put them on my "Don't bother me" list when they started renting their stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.