Adobe Creative Suite 3-how's the "product activation"?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Wolfpup, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

I'm toying with getting a Mac, and noticed in Apple's education store you can order a Adobe's CS3 for $300 with the purchase of a system. Web Premium is the one I'd get. I do do some light web page work, and having the full blown CS for the theoretically good price of $300 seems like a good deal.

But I'm wondering-how's the situation with "product activation" in that product? With the Windows version of Dreamweaver MX 2004, it forces you to activate it through a menu. When you need to reinstall the OS, or move it to another computer or whatever, you deactivate it through that same menu.

The newer Dreamweaver 8 apparently activates and deactivates itself when the program is installed or uninstalled.

So I'm just wondering how this works in the Mac version of this new product. I have a VERY negative view of "product activation", but I guess as long as I can easily activate and deactivate it as often as I want, then it's not too hideous...but I thought I should make sure that you still can move it/reinstall it as often as needed.

2. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

Has the same as Dreamweave MX 2004. To deactivate there is an option in one of the pull down menus. Also for an educational program, technically you are not allowed to do commercial work with it.

3. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

In Dw and Ps, you can deactivate from the menu.

4. Wolfpup thread starter macrumors 68030

Great! Thanks guys!

I'd just be doing stuff for my school (I'm staff), so presumably that counts. Actually my current software they got me is all the educational versions too.