Adobe Creative Suite Design Premium 3.3

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kmarketing, Jul 21, 2008.

1. kmarketing macrumors 6502

Hi,

I just wanted to make sure that it is a decent time to purchase CS3. Even with the education discount, it comes to about $600, which is a nice chunk of money.

What do you think? I'm a little nervous that there is something better out there, or that I can get it for less elsewhere.

I was originally going to get it from apple.com for $399, but would have to buy a new computer and all, plus tax, etc. I was looking into academicsuperstore, and could get it for $600 without tax.

Please let me know your opinions, I'd like to get this software and some others as soon as possible to start learning.

Thanks so much!

2. mando1246 macrumors newbie

mando1246

I know there was an "issue" with CS3 and Leopard. I would do a google search on it or check the apple support page because they were definitely conflicting. I don't know if an update has been released to fix it, but I just wanted to put that out there.

3. kmarketing thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi,

That would be good to know!

I'll check on that, but if anyone has info on that, please post here!

Thanks for the notice though!

4. cromwell64 macrumors regular

I have CS3 on Leopard and haven't run into any problems. I have seen that other people have had some issues though. As for the price I don't think I have seen anything better than $600 for CS3, other than the additional $200 rebate you can get if you purchase a Mac.

5. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Check the bookstore for a student license. It might be cheaper.

6. kmarketing thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi,

I'll definitely have to have a closer look at the issues, but hopefully by the time I can be "fluent" with the software, most of the bugs will be worked out.

As for the bookstore, I am currently a student (as well as work in the field of education), but the school that I am in doesn't have a bookstore for software/computers.

Can I go to another college bookstore?

Thanks!

7. emt8q5 macrumors member

I am currently running CS3 Design Premium on a Macbook Pro with Leopard installed and have had no issues. As a student, I purchased my copy at my University's bookstore for $299.

Hope that helps

8. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

Unsure if you can go to a different bookstore, you might be able to but possibly your best bet would be to get it from Academic Superstore.

As for the bugs on Leopard, I am using CS3 and I haven't seen any.

9. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

I bought my version from: http://journeyed.com They had fast shipping, and all you have to do is scan your ID for school and send it via email, fax, or mail. They usually ship next business day once they receive it.

They have worked out all of the Leopard issues. I'm an extremely heavy InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Flash User and have seen no problems.

10. kmarketing thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reassurance that the software seems to be running fine, for the most part at least.

I'm checking to see if I can get it cheaper, but for $600, is it a good value?

Thanks!

11. cromwell64 macrumors regular

$600 is a good price for it, but it looks like others have found it cheaper with student discounts so you might want to look around a little more