Adobe Creative Suites

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacFanUK, Jun 20, 2010.

1. MacFanUK macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

I wondered if anyone could give me some advice please.

I am looking at buying Adobe Creative Suite 5 (probably the Web Premium) for my PC as I'm graduating in July so want to take advantage of the student discount before I can't get it anymore.

However, I am buying a G5 PowerMac off another forum member and I know the latest Creative Suite that will run on it is CS4 but looking on ebay it seems to be as expensive as CS5 so I was just wondering a) how long will it take for CS4 to come down in price now CS5 is out and b) Are there any viable alternatives to CS4 that I could use on the G5?

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...I've not checked but I'd guess that CS3 would be somewhat cheaper in the "old software" market, and while perhaps not completely acknowledged as such I think most people agree that the jump from CS3 to CS4 was a baby step and not a leap (meaning, you are not missing that much by grabbing a cheaper CS3)....oh yeah!

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I agree with the above poster, there really isn't much difference between CS4 and CS3 (I've used both extensively for photo editing) so you won't be losing very much if you go with CS3 over CS4. However, CS5 is a noticeable improvement on CS3/4, but, as you already know, it is not compatible with PPC Macs.

4. kasakka macrumors 68000

Go with CS3. CS4 was a buggy piece of crap and CS5 is only better in features really.