Adobe CS 3 and/or 4

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by xparaparafreakx, Sep 11, 2008.

  1. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

    Jul 29, 2005
    Well we can all tell that Adobe CS 4 is coming out. I however was assigned to make a webpage, create a logo and publish a newsletter. I was told that I can order what software I needed to get the job done and was going to order Adobe CS 3 Design Premium. However CS 4 is coming out and it seems like a waste to get CS 3 when CS 4 is coming out.

    I am using the demo version of CS 3 to hold me though but it is only 30 days long.

    So, buy CS 3 and continue my work or wait for CS 4 and risk not having software to use during the gap time?
  2. opeter macrumors 65816


    Aug 5, 2007
    Slovenia, EU
    I would buy CS3, it is now relatively stable... because every new software has bugs and flaws. Adobe CS4 package will be no better in this matter.
  3. jennyp macrumors 6502

    Oct 27, 2007

    Seem to remember that CS4 won't work with PPC machines, only Intel (someone correct me if I'm wrong)
  4. a456 macrumors 6502a


    Oct 5, 2005
    There is a webcast announcement on September 23rd outlining CS4 - it may be released at the same time - don't think anything official about PPC support has been announced yet. Opeter I think is right about bugs - I haven't moved to Leopard yet because of CS3/Leopard problems being reported - but CS4 may in fact be better here.
  5. Father Jack macrumors 68020

    Father Jack

    Jan 1, 2007
    Not 100% sure about Photoshop CS4 but there are seemingly some programs in the CS4 suite that won't work on PPC machines (or so I've read), so it's probably a safe bet to say that Photoshop won't either.

Share This Page