adobe CS..buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by devvoid, Jul 29, 2008.

  1. devvoid macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2007
    #1
    So I'm looking to purchase CS3 (or 4, depending). I have one year left until I graduate so I need to purchase before next May so I can still get an education discount.

    Here's the question: Is CS 3.3 stable right now running on leopard/intel? Should I go for it now and pay the $100 or whatever to upgrade when cs4 comes out, or just wait? Are there a lot of compatibility issues that exist in 3.3 on leopard that I should wait?

    Thanks!
     
  2. bertpalmer macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2007
    #2
    Hard to say when CS4 is coming out... I know there are a few betas around at the moment and Lightroom 2 has just come out after a few months of beta testing. Maybe 6 months? Maybe 12 months?

    Depends how much you NEED it. If you disparately need it then buy it, if not - then you may as well hang on.
     
  3. RainForRent macrumors 6502

    RainForRent

    Joined:
    May 31, 2006
    Location:
    Greenville, SC
    #3
    You are aware to the fact that education versions are not eligible for upgrade pricing, right? That why they sell it for cheaper. It's a crock that Adobe sells, and not enough people are savvy to it.
     

Share This Page