Adobe CS2 bug the can't reinstall

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BJA, Feb 25, 2008.

1. BJA macrumors newbie

ok deep breath taken,

I have a iMac 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo. I had originally installed Creative Suite 2 premium. And Flash MX 2004.Just recently when i opened up flash. All the tables and tool boxes etc were just white boxes. It is the same for Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign. I uninstalled them all. And Went to reinstall the suite but when i put in the first cd and double click on the Adobe installer. The box that comes up next which requires me to input information is blank. Its just a white box so i can't install it, cause i can't see what the box wants me to do.

I removed all the adobe cache files etc there is no Adobe folders anywhere on my system as far as i know. But it is still doing this, please help

2. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

What version of Quicktime you got, i read about some problems installing/reinstalling CS2 traced to Quicktime,
    From Macworld site:
    'Problems with installing and running Adobe’s Creative Suite 2 (CS2) were tracked down to Apple’s QuickTime 7.1 update. Apple released QuickTime 7.1.1 yesterday to fix these issues and allow CS2 to operate properly.
    Installation freezes on Intel-based Macintosh with QuickTime 7.1(Adobe Creative Suite 2, After Effects 7.0, Photoshop CS2, InDesign CS2, InCopy CS2)'

hope this is of help ;)

3. BJA thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello Mr Noisy

Its quicktime 7.4.1 on my machine.

4. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

do a search, remove everything associated with cs2 then repair permissions, really you shouldn't have a problem if quicktimes 7.4.1 installed,
    there are a small number of topics on the net about cs2 install problems, ive been using and re-installing cs2 suite from it's release date, no problems at all, installs smoother than cs3 i find, are you connected to the internet during installation? sounds daft but a friend experienced a problem when his net access was off?