Adobe CS3 Design Premium Icons

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Babooshka, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Babooshka macrumors 6502

Babooshka

Right, so back in the day, I replaced all my then current Adobe CS3 icons and file icons, BUT I DIDN'T BACK THEM UP!!! And I just decided a while back that I'd like at least to have the option to get them back. I posted this problem here before a while ago, but got very little help.

If some one could help me (by sending me their icons) that would be brilliant. I had the Adobe CS3 Design Premium set, so I need Acrobat Pro, Distiller and Uninstaller, Bridge, Dreamweaver, Extension Manager, Flash, Flash Encoder, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. If I could get these icons sent/someone could upload it to a file server, that would rock my size 12 socks.

Thanks[​IMG]

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

While I don't know which method you used to modify the icons (I am forced to assume either the "Get Info"/pasting standard method or perhaps the use of Candy Bar/Lite Icon) the original icons still exist below the new icon. The newly added icons do not replace the original icons but are, in essence, displayed over them.

To test/demonstrate that:
    • Select one of the applications that has a custom icon
    • Click Get Info
    • Click the small icon preview at the top of the Get Info window
    • Press command+x or select Cut from the Edit menu
    • The original icon that the application came with should now be displayed

If Candy Bar was used, just locate the app in there and drag the custom icon out of the "well" it appears in- it will disappear with a "poof" and the original icon will then show.

Hope that helps. :)

3. Babooshka thread starter macrumors 6502

Babooshka

I shall say. I used the stupid method of dragging and dropping the replacement icons into the Resources and the click replace. Not CandyBar or dragging into the Get Info bit.

If someone could send me the file and app icons taken from the Resources folder. That is all I need.