Adobe CS3 icon style

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by yoyo5280, May 9, 2008.

1. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

So, the Adobe CS3 icon styles are a kind of love hate hate kinda thing...

I personally like them

I would like to know where I can find replacement icons for most Mac Apps (I found one for adium)...if you please know please post it

Also I like the just plain text dock styles aswell...where can I find that?

2. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

I usually get most icons from DeviantART

categories > customization > icons > dock icons, then search, there are also some text icons there somewhere,

You can usually find what you want here ;)

3. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

Hate to bring back a somewhat outdated thread, but had an on-topic question. I know programs like LiteIcon and CandyBar make it easy to set system icons and also have the ability to revert them to default either all at once or individually - what about individual apps? If I go through and change the icons for my apps, if I want to change them back what would I need to do?

4. fuziwuzi macrumors regular

if you are using candybar, if you've added an icon u can drag it off. if you have added lots of new icons u can press the restore icons button.

5. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

I've been using LiteIcon and thinking about CandyBar, but as far as I know, neither holds the icons for every application/folder installed on your computer. System icons and folders perhaps, but not the rest. So to my knowledge, a restore to default would only restore those, not ones modified outside the app. Or am I completely crazy?

6. MM07 macrumors 6502a

You could also right click and get info of a certain app. Click on the little icon in the upper left and hit delete. It will revert to the original icon.

7. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

FANTASTIC! Thank you. I will play with it tonight. Been browsing icon packages for a while but never wanted to risk losing all the default icons. Thanks again! :D

8. MM07 macrumors 6502a

No problem, I've been changing dock icons for the past few days. It's pretty fun to do.