Adobe CS3 - Student Edition?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Adokimus, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Adokimus macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

Hi Everyone,

I've been in need of the Adobe CS3 Design Suite, and have been looking for good student deals. Apparently my law school has a deal with a company called CDW-G, which sells:

"Adobe Creative Suite Design Premium - (v.3.0) - Student Licensing."

Does the "Student Licensing" part of the title mean that the package is missing anything? Would it have all of the same full programs that I would get elsewhere? The reason I ask is that there are no links on the company page to show the contents of this CS3 package. That and it's only $299, which is a bit of a discount, so I want to make sure it's the right product. On the plus side, it's supported by my school, so I trust it's legit, and it shows the correct packaging of the full Design Premium I was looking for.

Help?

Thanks,

Ado

2. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

Ado,

As far as apps go, the student version is no different than the full version. Seriously, I'm still in school and own the academic Web Premium and have absolutely no limitations in the software. The only difference between the two is the terms of use. As far as contents between the suites, check out this site...

http://www.academicsuperstore.com/cs3_info.html

3. Adokimus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

Thanks for the response. I think I was thrown off because I have never seen the design premium package for under $600, so $299 seemed like a ridiculously good deal. So cheap I've even entertained the crazy idea of getting both the mac and pc versions so that I can create on either side of bootcamp. Crazy, lazy, and I won't do it, but I've thought about it...

-Ado

4. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

Yeah, be careful where you buy from... i buy from provantage, which is a bit cheaper adn pretty good about getting things out quickly. The phone system stinks tho.