Adobe CS3 Student Version/Educational Discount

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Queequeg, May 6, 2007.

1. Queequeg macrumors newbie

Hey everybody,
    Just got back from the Apple Store, and no-one seems to know EXACTLY WHAT the difference is between

Adobe CS3 Design Premium for $1799.95

and

Adobe CS3 Design Premium Educational for $599.95

Now, I have a hard time believing that Adobe will give you a full version of their software for 66% less just because you are a student. I searched the forums here and it seems like some folks feel that there is an upgrade issue, like you won't be able to upgrade to a full version from a "student' version. Well, what is a student version? Is there any difference in functionality?
    And please don't post a reply with "call Adobe", i already did and the kid didn't have any definite answers for me. So anyway, if you folks have any info. on the subject, please reply. Thanks!

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

As far as I am aware student software is normally full featured software but instead of being able to upgrade to the latest version you must rebuy it (i.e no upgrade path).

Not sure if this is true of Adobe software though, just saying what normally happens.

3. Queequeg thread starter macrumors newbie

alright I guess that makes sense. So, when CS4 comes out, you would have to get another "full" student version, or "full" professional version. No upgrade path . . . Alright. Thanks for the reply.

4. zim macrumors 65816

zim

Adobe's edu software is the same as the commercial with the exception of the user license. The edu license does not permit the creation of content for profit. Adobe has and currently still allows for software to be upgraded from eud license to commercial license with the purchase of an update.