Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajwells1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2009
I have adobe CS3 designed for a PC. If I were to purchase a new MacBook would I be able to load the copy of CS3 I have onto the Mac since they now have the Intel processor? Or, would I be back to square one and need to repurchase the adobe programs?

If I need to purcahse new, is it possible to upgrade to CS4 for Mac from my CS3 PC copy through Adobe?

bntz313

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2007
I have adobe CS3 designed for a PC. If I were to purchase a new MacBook would I be able to load the copy of CS3 I have onto the Mac since they now have the Intel processor? Or, would I be back to square one and need to repurchase the adobe programs?

If I need to purcahse new, is it possible to upgrade to CS4 for Mac from my CS3 PC copy through Adobe?

Nope this will not work. You maybe be able to upgrade to cs4 for a mac but I'm not sure. I do know tho that you can not use the pc version with a mac.

Good Luck!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Usually you can call Adobe and ask them to swap it, they will do it but I think there's a small fee.

NXTMIKE

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
Canada
Call Adobe and ask for the "cross-trade" option.

And yes it will drain your wallet, but not as much as buying the whole thing again. As far as I know, it may only be the CS4 upgrade price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.