Adobe CS4 Folder @ the Apple Store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jason.weaver, Dec 11, 2008.

1. jason.weaver macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I stopped by the Boylston Street Apple store over Thanksgiving, and the iMacs along the wall had CS4 Design Premium loaded.

They had a folder in the dock -- on the Trash side of the partition, which was in the orange-to-red pixelated styling, and it was labeled CS4. Then when you clicked on it a darkened (but translucent) box came up with all of the Design Premium apps in a grid layout.

Does anyone know what this is, and more importantly -- where I can get it?!

Thank you all in advance for your help in finding this!
    Jason

2. MusicallySilent macrumors member

Non mac user (soon to be an owner) who has used mac in the past taking a crack at it.

They created a folder with shortcuts to each CS4 app on the dock, replaced the original folder icon with their custom icon, and set dock folders to view in grid style. If that is what you are asking.

3. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

It's called a stack. You can pretty much have any folder you want there. I'm guessing that when they installed the CS4 suite, it all went into a folder with all the suite's apps in the folder...so all they did was just drag the folder onto the dock and then voila! a stack that opens up to show all the CS4 apps.

4. jason.weaver thread starter macrumors newbie

The stack -- like the downloads folder, come up in a straight line. This was something different. It was a shaded square with rounded edges that held the folders in a 3x3 or 4x4 grid.

Is that an option with the stack or something different? I kind of remember a third party app that took the clutter out of the dock, and I have wondered if this wasn't some mod of that.

5. pyr0sphere macrumors regular

Yes...

Grid vs Fan vs List view

6. jason.weaver thread starter macrumors newbie

That's it!! Thank you everyone.

Now I just need to find that CS4 Design Premium folder...

7. Shadow%20Mac macrumors 6502

The CS4 icon for the folder for everyone to use...

attached is the icon, and for those of you who don't know, actually added the program's folders in the stack, not just shortcuts.

:apple:

Attached Files:

8. docpritchard macrumors newbie

Cs4 Design premium folder.

I noticed that you attached a picture of the cs4 design premium folder, how and where can I get this folder so I can keep all of the adobe apps in this folder on the dock?

9. Dan in PA macrumors regular

What I did was:

-created a new folder called "CS4" in my applications folder and moved all the apps (the apps themselves, not shortcuts) to the folder
    -copied the CS4 folder icon from above with ⌘c
    -highlighted the CS4 folder I just created, then pressed ⌘i
    -highlighted the small preview at the top left of the get info window, then pressed ⌘v to paste
    -placed the folder in my dock and set it to show up as a folder.