Adobe CS4 Migration Assistant

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macminz, Apr 27, 2009.

1. macminz macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have Adobe CS4 Master Collection installed on my powerbook g4 (1.67ghz) and am looking to buy a new aluminum macbook pro this week and was just wondering would migration assistant copy all of my copy of CS4 to my new macbook without any problem

I was given the applications from my old job and no longer have access to the disks.

Thanks

2. Poncho macrumors 6502

Poncho

Doubt it. You'll have to give it a try. Chances are the serial will remain on the original computer. Only way to transfer it and be sure everything works is to clone your original computer to your new computer using SuperDuper or Carbon Cloner.

3. macminz thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Poncho macrumors 6502

Poncho

No, I just remembered. I copied al my software to a new machine last year using migration assistant and CS3 came over intact.

Some of the plug-ins from third parties need the serial numbers inputting again. That's what confused me.

So give it a go.

5. britboyj macrumors 6502a

The only programs that Migration Assistant won't move are the Apple Pro Apps last time I tried (moved the files and references and such, just not the ACTUAL programs. Once I reinstalled, it was like it was when I had them before *shrug*(

6. redmac macrumors regular

I am in a similar position. I am going to change my Powerbook G4's HD. I think I can keep the Adobe CS2 that was installed by my employer. Does anyone know if there is a way to keep it if I upgrade to Leopard from Tiger?