Adobe CS4 Student Edition

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ab1472, Dec 7, 2009.

1. ab1472 macrumors newbie

Hi, all...

i'm saving up to get a new imac and want to buy and install Adobe CS4 Production Premium...

Now, this software costs $1,700 and i am broke...

So, after some research i found that Adobe offers a Student version of this software to both full time and part time students attending any accredited college (eg. jr colleges, com. colleges, state, etc...) for only $300 ($1,400 off!). Of course, you must prove you're a student and you must agree that you will not use their software for monetary gains, whatever...

I do eventually want to go pro in this line of work, but it will probably take me at least a year or two to learn the software as well as i want to anyway, so...

I've been wanting to learn spanish for a while now, so, my plan is to sign up for spanish classes at the local cc and get a student edition of CS4...

Learn Spanish and save well over a grand while i'm doing it...

Does anybody see anything wrong with this plan?

Here's a link to the Adobe student eligibility...
    http://www.adobe.com/education/purchasing/qualify.html

Unless i am completely misreading this, i believe i'd qualify...(btw, my local CC is an official Adobe reseller according to Adobe's website)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Wouldn't you be killing 2 birds with one stone by enrolling in some sort of graphic design program instead of Spanish? You'd probably get it for free...

3. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

What community college is going to give students free copies of CS4? :eek: I think the OPs idea is fine and should quality for student pricing. When I bough the student priced suit through an online store (Academic Superstore I think?) I had no problem. Not sure about purchasing right from Adobe but there are other sites, probably the school's own book store sells it.

4. ab1472 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea, absolutely, but I consider myself an autodidact and don't really want to become a full time student. I'd only be going to school for the adobe discount, and i'd take a spanish class because i deal with a lot of spanish speakers at work. Also, i'm planning on becoming a filmmaker/film/vid editor, not a graphic designer. I'm just wondering if taking a (possibly non-credit) spanish course would still qualify me for a discount...

I do appreciate the suggestion, though, because learning graphic design would most certainly not be a bad idea...

5. ab1472 thread starter macrumors newbie

According to Adobe's website my local CC does not carry it in their bookstore, but is most certainly eligible for the discounts...

Btw, apfhex, were you a full-time, degree seeking student when you bought your student edition, or what?