Adobe CS4 Trial Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dpcalhoun, Oct 17, 2008.

1. dpcalhoun macrumors member

Does anyone know typically how long it takes for Adobe to start the trial downloads? I know Adobe announced they were shipping two days ago, but the trial downloads are still unavailable.

I ordered CS4 from Apple when I bought my iMac and they say they aren't shipping it to me until Nov. 26!!! So, I plan on downloading the trial and then unlocking it when I get my serial number from Apple. I didn't know if anyone remembered how long it took Adobe to post trials for CS2 or CS3?

2. tribe3 macrumors 6502

I purchased last night the downloadable version of CS4 Extended "Upgrade". It's 1GB so it took about 10 minutes.

When I entered the serial of my "CS3 Extended" it did not take it... Would it be because the CS3 is a "Educational" version? Anyway, I had a CS serial so I just used that one and it took it with no problems. If I hadn't had a CS serial it was giving me the opportunity to check the "30 day trial" option, but this was with CS4 already downloaded.

Now about your question of a trial without previous electronic purchase, I don't know.

3. dpcalhoun thread starter macrumors member

If I'm not mistaken, educational versions do not qualify for upgrades. I guess it's because you get a huge discount to begin with.

Anyways, thanks for the info. I just hope Adobe opens up the trial downloads to the public soon. :(

4. dpcalhoun thread starter macrumors member

Well, I found the answer to my own question. After looking deeper into Adobe's Customer Service pages, it states that the trials should be posted by mid-November 2008. So there's my answer.

5. deriko100 macrumors 6502

Just a update for you guys the trial was released I think today, anyways im downloading the trials right now.