Adobe CS4 w/Lion... hold off recommended?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by whyrichard, Jul 21, 2011.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone who uses CS4 (photoshop, illustrator, Acrobat Pro... primarily) has upgraded to LION yet with decent results...

...should I hold off?

thanks!

r.

2. ttttaylor macrumors regular

i use CS4, and upgraded to Lion yesterday.

so far everything is working fine. illustrator and acrobat pro are actually the apps i use most as well. i've opened them up a few times and been successful in basic things like editing and saving things. haven't had much time to discover any bugginess, but if i were you i'd feel safe to upgrade.

3. jobbydesign macrumors newbie

I know that Adobe CS4 has supposedly been confirmed as working, but I'm having problems with InDesign CS4 and Illustrator CS4 crashing when printing. I don't even get to the print dialog box. When I select "Print" I get the dreaded spinning rainbow ball, then after a few moments, the program crashes. Photoshop CS4, Photoshop Elements 8 and Acrobat Pro 9 print fine. I did update to Java For Mac OS X 10.7 after installing Lion as suggested in Adobe's documentation on known issues with Lion.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks!

4. ttttaylor macrumors regular

upon further inspection, i'm actually having the same problem with illustrator. damn.

if i remember rightly though, this isn't the first time i've had printing issues with CS4. i don't really know where to start as far as fixing it. :confused:

5. jobbydesign macrumors newbie

Are you having the problem in InDesign as well? Still haven't found a solution. Downloaded the trial of CS5.5 and it prints fine. Not ready to spring for the upgrade yet, though. Will post back here if I find a solution.

6. j9lancour macrumors newbie

I haven't found a solution to printing from CS4 in Lion yet but if your in a pinch you can save the doc as a pdf and print from Acrobat. It worked for me.

7. ttttaylor macrumors regular

good idea.

did any of you have issues printing from CS4 in Snow Leopard? i did...

the CS5 trial prints fine so it's definitely a CS4 thing.

8. Picinini macrumors newbie

Have you found a solution?

Have you found a solution?

9. jobbydesign macrumors newbie

10. ttttaylor macrumors regular

i can confirm that this works for Illustrator CS4. i still got a spinning rainbow when i clicked print but after a minute i got the print window instead of a crash.

thanks for posting this fix!