Adobe CS4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macthegreat, Jan 25, 2009.

1. macthegreat macrumors newbie

Anyone here try out Adobe CS4?? Better than CS3?

2. andyljohnson macrumors newbie

andyljohnson

Worth the money

I love CS4 I primarily use Illustrator and Photoshop so I am not sure about the other apps, but the load times alone are amazing. Illustrator has a ton of great new features. I don't use to many of the new features in Photoshop but it just runs better.

I thought CS3 was a bit of a dog, and this is a great improvement. In less Adobe does something Amazing in CS5 I think I will skip it, because 4 seems to be rock solid.

3. telepati macrumors regular

telepati

Im totally agree with you and I love sharing my screen with Dreamweaver... I love Adobe CS4....

4. yousoldtheworld macrumors member

yousoldtheworld

Sorry for the double post...the internet was doing something strange for a minute.

5. yousoldtheworld macrumors member

yousoldtheworld

I just upgraded to CS4 a couple of weeks ago. I've really only used Photoshop so far, but it is great. Much faster than previous versions, and it is a solid enough app that I don't at all regret making the upgrade. I haven't yet tried all the new features, but what I have tried runs well.

6. macthegreat thread starter macrumors newbie

Great to hear. I primarily use dreamweaver, photoshop and illustrator. So overall it's quicker... Is the GUI much different?

7. andyljohnson macrumors newbie

andyljohnson

Very different, but nice. I move between PS and AI, and once and a while to ID. The nice thing is they all look the same. PS is different enough to make disturbing at first but like anything you get used to it quick.

I enjoy the Application frame, which is very anti-mac, but I think it works well with CS apps.

The speed, stability, and polish alone are worth the upgrade if you live in these apps.

8. bnut macrumors newbie

bnut

I've just done the switch, they're both fantastic, there are many nice new features that i'm yet to explore. There seems to be a more native feel in general, and of course tabs in Photoshop are nice.

However I often find my window title bar get stuck behind the toolbars and i have to tile the windows from the window menu to be able to grab them again. One other thing i've come across is that the armatures in Flash seem to be complete fail. It may just be that I'm doing it wrong though, who knows :p

9. bertpalmer macrumors 6502

If you have CS3 I probably wouldn't bother.

Personally I don't find it a lot faster and the features aren't really anything amazing to write home about. It's integrated nicely and is a bit better in terms of work flow.

10. macthegreat thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm - I'm still up in the air about upgrading, but it seems most people are happy with it. I will run the trial for 30 days and go from there!

11. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

I use Photochop CS4... its worth every penny! Its brilliant.. light and way more intuitive to handle in its latest avatar..

Though I must inform you that before this I used Photoshop 8!

12. macthegreat thread starter macrumors newbie

That's quite a jump, lol... Well I d/l the trial's and I must say, I'm impressed! GUI is definitely much more friendly, you can also open two windows within illustrator.

13. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

He he LOL! You know as they say... skip 2! Besides I cant be bothered to spend ~$1500 for every +1 release :)

14. macthegreat thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, that is true. It can get very expensive depending on what applications are being used considering there are several of em!