Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericmschwanke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Any way to make this work?

error screenshot.png

mkeeley

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2007
Not seen any fixes, will have to wait and see if Apple release an ElCap version. Same problem for CS6.

mkeeley

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2007
Saw that earlier, but thank you. Tried it, installed Java SE 8 but get "operation not permitted" when trying to create the folders. Tried enabling root access and creating them that way but the same.

mkeeley

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2007
Got it working

1. Download the Java SE 8 DMG from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html and install.
  2. In term enter the following to turn off rootless and then reboot: sudo nvram boot-args="rootless=0"
  3. In term enter these 2 lines: sudo mkdir -p /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk
  4. sudo mkdir -p /System/Library/Java/Support/Deploy.bundle
  5. Turn rootless back on and reboot again: sudo nvram boot-args="rootless=1"

Reactions: wegeberg

mkeeley

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2007
AI CS6 didn't work here but that sorted it. Perhaps you previously had SE 8 installed? I just had 6.

wegeberg

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2014
Roskilde, Denmark
Got it working

1. Download the Java SE 8 DMG from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html and install.
  2. In term enter the following to turn off rootless and then reboot: sudo nvram boot-args="rootless=0"
  3. In term enter these 2 lines: sudo mkdir -p /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk
Worked flawlessly. Enabling Illustrator and Dreamweaver CS6

Reactions: crjackson2134

piller97

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2014
Thank you so much this worked perfectly for me. I didn't know what I would do without dreamweaver!

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
There's no download button which I can find on that page.
AH, the download button appears when I switch browser from Firefox to Safari.

... Still later
Yup, that worked. Using Safari: Downloaded, installed, and now Photoshop CS5 is no longer throwing a hissy-fit about the version of Java I'm using.
So if you don't see a nice big blue download button on the support page, boot up Safari and use that to download.

Last edited:

hintofsilence

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT
Got it working

So I followed the instructions in reply #5, but it wouldn't let me perform the first of the two commands, since this is not a virtual machine. However, I ran the second of the two, turned the rootless back on, rebooted, and then it allowed the install to go forward. I'm waiting for it to finish, so not sure how well CS5 will perform once install is complete, but I am optimistic. I'll post the results here after I test it.

Update: Illustrator seems to work, except that I am having the same issue with the whole thing crashing when trying to use the eyedropper tool, as mentioned in another comment. Rather annoying, but I can probably work around it if I have to. Anyone else found a fix for that?

joogle

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2015
I bough a Macbook Pro 2015 that had Yosemite but I upgraded to El Capitan.

I was planning on installing Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 that I have but it seems it does not work with El Capitan.

Did anyone of you get it to work?

Otherwise I will have to do a restore and install to Yosemite. I hope it all works with Yosemite

joogle

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2015
I bough a Macbook Pro 2015 that had Yosemite but I upgraded to El Capitan.

I was planning on installing Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 that I have but it seems it does not work with El Capitan.

Did anyone of you get it to work?

Otherwise I will have to do a restore and install to Yosemite. I hope it all works with Yosemite

any feedback? Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.