Adobe CS5 Design Premium on OSX Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Infaustus, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Infaustus macrumors newbie

I've been eager to upgrade to Lion since its release but I've been worried about how well CS5 is working. I've read mixed reactions and was also worried after I saw this page: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/905/cpsid_90508.html

I primarily use Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and occasionally Dreamweaver. I'm on CS5 Design Premium (not 5.5) and I was just wondering how well they're running for other people. I don't want to upgrade until I know these are working perfectly without any major bugs, saving issues, etc.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. Hansr macrumors 6502a

The only issue I see on that list that entails to CS5 DP is "Illustrator CS5 and CS5.1: Option to save or export is disabled from Save As or Export dialog window when save location is set to the desktop."

3. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

I use the Adobe CS5 Design Premium every day and I've not run in to a single problem yet. I've also been able to install it onto a fresh install of Lion and have had no issues through the install process either.

4. Infaustus thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm glad the fresh install was mentioned. I'm also planning on doing a clean install of Lion and reinstalling my design premium package. Thanks for the replies, this definitely gives me more incentive to finally install OSX Lion.

5. create90mph macrumors newbie

There are other CS5 problems besides these:

Droplets are not working in Photoshop, Flash Builder is completely incompatible as is Flash Catalyst.