Adobe CS5 going on sale...questions...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rdstoll, Apr 5, 2010.

1. rdstoll macrumors 6502

I have two questions about Adobe CS5's upcoming release:

- it says there is a 'launch' on April 12 but does that mean the software goes on sale that day?

- I've never bought CS before but am in the market for it now. I'm just wondering how Adobe usually handles the pricing of CS when a new version comes out. I want to get CS Design Premium but am wondering if it would be worth getting the full version of CS4 Design Premium and then just upgrading it when CS5 is released or should I just hold off for CS5's official release?

I ask this question here because a lot of Mac folks seem to use Adobe a lot.

2. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Doubtful. I'd guess based on previous releases that the software will bw on sale about 4-6 weeks after the launch.

Pricing will be announced on launch day. But I don't expect it to vary too much from previous versions. If you buy CS4 now, chances are you'll get a steeper upgrade discount. I think standard suite upgrades are in the ballpark of $500.

3. kasakka macrumors 68000

I'd wait for some reviews and possibly updates too. Adobe CS4 is horribly buggy across the board.

4. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Evidence? I've never had any problems with either of the Design Standard applications.

5. Aleco macrumors regular

I've never had problems with my MC CS4 either... You must not be updating accordingly, because a bug is imminent in any software.

6. kasakka macrumors 68000

Simply read http://adobegripes.tumblr.com for nice pics and funny anecdotes about 'em. I've encountered quite a few of them and most of them are not only bad user interface design but just stuff that doesn't work quite right. Sloppiness is really evident in almost every area of CS4.

7. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Must...resist....my...Adobe Needs Competition...rant.....

8. rdstoll thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks Swiftwives. I might just pony up for CS4 and wait for the upgrade.