Adobe CS5 Programs like photoshop nervous about getting Adobe CS programs for my mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sossity, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

I am looking at the master collection, I will be taking Adobe photoshop & Adobe illustratoor in the spring, & will need this software on my macbook pro.

I can get a very good discount at student pricing, & would like to take advantage of it.

however, it will still take a good bite out of my money, & read about the general return policy of student version software. It is basically, nonreturnable once I open the software wrapping & box with the discs.

So I would like to get some input from others who may be using these programs on their macs, & their experiences, as I am nervous about it. I need help to make an informed decision before I take the plunge & buy the software.

I want to be sure it will run ok/reliably on my mac before my classes start, (they are online classes), because if the CS5 versions do not run well, I will have to drop the online classes & take them on campus on their computer labs. My classes will start Jan 24th 2011.

I have tried downloading the trial version onto my mac, but it kept quitting, & I would get error messages.

I am on an i7 2010 macbook pro 15 inch antiglare Snowleopard with 4gb of ram.

2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

I specifically switched from Win7 to a Mac when Photoshop (and Creative Suite) CS5 was announced in April.

No problems whatsoever running PS CS5 on the Mac. Runs better than CS4 did on my Win7 computer (which was also 64bit). Haven't run into any issues.

3. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

What error message did you get? You should be fine, just make sure to wipe all the trial software off the machine before you install. Use Adobes uninstall tool first.