Adobe CS5 ripoff?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Georgio, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Georgio macrumors 6502

Georgio

Ok so I'm a designer using Adobe's CS3 and recently upgraded (sic) to Lion on my iMac.

First problem was Illustrator/Photoshop/inDesign not working on reboot due to the OS not supporting rosetta anymore.

Ok I thought, I fancy an upgrade anyways and I'd seen an option to upgrade for £285 on the Adobe site.

So go on punch in the 'from' this software to 'this' software as an upgrade and get ready with my card for the £285...and it totals upto £670?

So I contact Adobe by phone and they inform me that the £285 is for the upgrade from CS5 to CS5.5...

Now, I've bought more than my fair share of Adobe creative programs over the years and the usual upgrade was for about £100-150.

It seems like Adobe have decided to capitialise on Lion 'breaking' many people's Creative programs and are trying to cash in
    At this rate I'm going back to Leopard as I'm not paying over the odds for this software just because Adobe smell a quick buck.

:mad:

2. interrobang macrumors 6502

CS3 is Universal. It does not require Rosetta, and man people have reported that it mostly works on Lion, with a few odd bugs.

What issues are you having with CS3 in Lion?

3. Georgio thread starter macrumors 6502

Georgio

It just refuses to start up basically; comes up with some rubbish about not being supported anymore.
    I'll try a fresh install, maybe something got toasted in the upgrade from SL to Lion.
    If some people have it working ok in Lion that's at least a glimmer at the end of the tunnel....

4. AdrianK macrumors 68020

That wouldn't happen, so you had the PPC binary to begin with.

Make sure CS3 is all up to date within the app and look for updates on Adobe's site. Oddly I can't seem to find anything official on an non-beta UB.