Adobe CS5 ship date

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by skerfoot, Apr 28, 2010.

1. skerfoot macrumors member

Just pre-ordered CS5 Design Standard, student/teacher edition via the education store. The ship date isn't until the end of June! I was hoping it was going to be a bit better than that.

Has anyone else pre-ordered CS5? Is the academic version particularly slow, or is this the same for all versions?

ADOBE CS5 DESIGN STD - S/T EDITION-USA
    H1341LL/A

Ships: Jun 23
    Delivers: Jun 26

2. Mr. Wonderful macrumors 6502a

A lot of retailers are listing next week as the ship date. Others, such as Amazon, have the end of May. Personally, I'm hoping the Trials will hit soon, so I can at least use that until my product arrives.

3. gwerhart0800 macrumors 6502

I have a cross platform upgrade from Win CS3 to Mac CS5 coming. The sales person I talked to quoted me a May 10th date for delivery. She stated that the release date was May 1st, but that my update would ship later. Looks like a great set of features from all the demos on the Adobe site.

4. skerfoot thread starter macrumors member

[

ADOBE CS5 DESIGN STD - S/T EDITION-USA
    H1341LL/A

Ships: Jun 23
    Delivers: Jun 26[/QUOTE]

So, they're supposed to be shipping, but the Apple Store ship date hasn't changed. Has anybody received their preordered CS5 yet? Might have to call Apple.

5. gwerhart0800 macrumors 6502

I got my fedex tracking # for my photoshop "standard" CS5 cross platform upgrade ... delivers to me on 5/6. The original quoted date was 5/10.

6. Penn Jennings macrumors 6502

I *HAD* pre-ordered CS5 Extended. I purchased CS4 Design Premium less than 12 months ago wasn't shelling out another 400 bucks. Anyway, I got an email from Adobe last night offering to sell CS5 Extended via download for under $200. I canceled my pre-order and I've been playing with CS5 all day. The download took about an hour. You might be able to do the same, I don't know if you can download Design but if you don't want to wait it might be worth looking into.

I have the Student Edition as well.

7. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

I ordered CS5 Design Premium Student and Teacher about a week ago directly from Adobe. The latest status is 'expected arrival date 5/14'

8. DistrictLady macrumors newbie

I do some work with Adobe and actually, the CS5 Student and Teacher Editions have all the features and functionality of the commercial edition, outside of the discounted price. Adobe also started shipping CS5 last week.

9. skerfoot thread starter macrumors member

Just got notice the other day that it has shipped and should arrive by tomorrow or monday.

Thanks,