Adobe CS6 and Mid 2012 Macbook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by hashholly, Jun 18, 2012.

1. hashholly macrumors 6502

Does anyone out there have one of the new 2.0ghz 13" Macbook Air's, and uses Adobe CS6 Photoshop/Dreamweaver/Indesign? Im considering picking this laptop up, but only if it's able to handle those programs at a reasonable quality.

2. raftr macrumors regular

You'll be ok. I've been using 1.7 i5 4GB Air with those, they run smoothly. I will be upgrading to 2.0 8GB just to give it the extra edge and be able to use USB 3.0

3. Stingray454 macrumors 6502a

People tend to forget that the current years Air is about as powerful as the Pro models from the year before, and CS6 works great on macs that are several years old (I still run it on an old 2008 core2duo MacBook and a 2010 air with no issues at all, and the 2012 air is many many times faster). In short - you'll be fine.

4. hashholly thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I was worried that the processor wouldn't be abel to get the job done, but that easies my fears a bit.

----------

Yeah, i probably should've checked geekbench scores earlier, but it handily beats an iMac I currently use at work thats a core 2 duo, which runs CS6 fine. Thanks.