Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davorrr

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2021
I had bought a license for the entire Adobe CS6 Collection back in the days, for something like 3K(!!!). Shortly after that, Adobe changed the pricing model to monthly/yearly plans. The last supported Mac OS for CS6 was Sierra. I was keeping some old machines for that, dealing with KVM switches, but it was cumbersome and had low performance.

As a UX/UI Designer these days I mostly use Figma and Sketch on Mac Mini M1. Although Adobe products I use rarely these days, but occasionally I need to open an old photoshop file or do some work in Indesign or Illustrator. I used to work with these apps for decades and am extremely familiar with them (Affinity, although cool & cheep, didn't work for me).

My idea was to buy an iMac Pro and downgrade to Sierra. These got affordable and should be compatible with CS6, I guess?
On another partition I could install Monterey and the newer apps.
Another reason for an iMac Pro is, I like its screen better than my old Apple Cinema 30.

Is anybody using Adobe CS6 on an iMac Pro?
According to this page, it should be possible: https://eshop.macsales.com/guides/Mac_OS_X_Compatibility
But still curios, if anyone here has a similar setup?

davorrr

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2021
It’s irrelevant for you now, but that chart is incorrect. The iMac Pro shipped with High Sierra 10.13.2. It can’t run Sierra.
Thanks, gonna give it a try now. Seems to be reasonably priced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.