Adobe CTO Promises a Better Flash Experience for Mac Users

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by IntelliUser, Feb 5, 2010.

1. IntelliUser macrumors 6502

http://www.macnn.com/articles/10/02/05/video.a.special.focus/

I hope Adobe gets back on the right track with the new suite and the new Flash.

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

This would be nice. I know a lot of people have issues with the way flash is handled on the Mac and I hope this puts an end to those issues. Maybe this was a wake up call for Adobe...

3. MikhailT macrumors 601

Flash is better with 10.1 on the Mac for sure, but a polished turd is still a turd. There's a lot of improvements that can be done but I know Adobe isn't entirely at fault. Something about how Apple is not giving Adobe the hardware (GUI) APIs needed to accelerate the video performance via OpenCL. I'm not a programmer and I don't know how much of it is bull crap spurned by Adobe.

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Wow. That's not true at all. I play lots of Flash games, including the very demanding Facebook game Farmville and it works like a champ in the Mac version of Chrome. FAR better then either Firefox OR Safari. The same goes for all other games. Facebook games, Pogo, I've thrown everything I can at it to see if it could take it, and it does! And watching videos on TV Network sites also performs well. Although there is a flickering cursor issue. But hey, I'll take that if things work better otherwise. And they DO.

5. mcnicks macrumors regular