Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Originally posted by crazy_will
I see a slight err in the pdf mentioned in the transcript - "behaviour" is spelled wrong (for an Apple News item, that is.)

In case you don't know, "behaviour" is what we call in the US a "Britishism". It's like color (US) and colour(UK), or "behaviour" and "behavior" It's not necessarily a spelling error.

Regards,
Gus

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
It's all a scary thought, but I don't believe for a second it'll happen. And even if it did... I wouldn't abandon the Mac. Ever.

crassusad44

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2001
Scandinavia
THIS IS PURE B*LL****!!!!

Adobe is not dropping the Mac platform, and Steve is not introducing a Photoshop killer!!!! This is the most stupid «news» I've read!!!!!!!

How can some people be so stupid they actually belives it????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The stupid arse who posted this (was it on maccentral?) got it ALL wrong. Adobe may be dropping Mac OS support, but not Mac OS X support... PS8 might be OS X only, to take advantage of OS X only technologies...

Look at http://www.thinksecret.com, as another poster mentioned...

shakespeare

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2002
Portland, Maine
Originally posted by Hemingray
It's all a scary thought, but I don't believe for a second it'll happen. And even if it did... I wouldn't abandon the Mac. Ever.

I would.

Sorry, but I'd have to. I suppose the next best thing, if I had to run Photoshop, would be a Sony?

I love Macs, but I recently tried to distill a very large PDF on a Quicksilver at the office. It took one hour. I brought it to a Gateway my friend has; it was a matter of ten minutes. It's just not acceptable.

n00bieriffic

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2003
Gee,

So you mean Adobe is actually moronic enough to base their entire future on a completely biased article comparing two old systems. If you read the article they are getting their data from you will see some very interesting things. He talks about conversations with Dell engineers and spends more time talking about hyperthreading than about the Mac in general.

Wouldn't it be nice if somebody actually did a benchmark with current models? There have been many improvements since the old 1.25 DP that will have a decent effect on performance. I went to Dell's site and configured a machine with the 3.06 and the rest similar specs to the dual 1.42GHz Apple. It wound up about the same price and I would bet they perform about the same in After Effects now.

I guess now the question is "Who gives a crap about After Effects?". Even AE diehards prefer the polished interface and superior capabilities of Final Cut.

Has anybody else noticed how the exact same Charlie White articles all post on 40+ websites at exactly the same time? Seems like somebody is trying to just flood the net with a single view and a single set of benchmarks. I guess I'm just going to have to do some benchmarking of my own. The order for the Dell goes in tomorrow. As much as I hate buying from morons that keep trying to push rebadged Lexmark printers at me I will brave it for you all that deserve another voice. I will say now that no matter what happens I will still prefer working on my Mac, but that is my personal preference. See you again on this thread in 3-5 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.