Adobe Encore CS4 vs Apple IDVD Pro

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by exiag335, Jan 9, 2009.

1. exiag335 macrumors member

Which would be better for authoring dvds and making semi professional to professional menus and all, Adobe Encore CS4 or Apple IDVD Pro?

Help

2. ChemiosMurphy macrumors 6502

Encore does more. DVD/Blu-ray. You can use photoshop for menus and what not, but Encore CS3 was rather buggy. I'd go with encore.

3. Dejavu macrumors regular

Dejavu

4. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

I design all of my DVD SP menus in photoshop, buttons and all.... In terms of creating a DVD, I don't see how Encore has any advantage of DVD SP.

A feature that encore has that is quite nice is the ability to export the DVD (menus and video) to a flash website.

5. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

If you have Photoshop to create buttons and menus, DVD SP is great. I, also, don't see how Encore has any advantages. I think that if you need Final Cut Studio, there's no reason to buy another app. DVD SP should suit your needs.

David

6. tri3limited macrumors 6502

I use both, project dependant, but in my personal opinion DVD SP has a far steeper learning curve and could do with a bit of a re-jig in terms of layout. Encore is quick to get to grips with and you can round trip with Premiere easier than the FCP>DVDSP.

As mentioned before, if you're using Final Cut Studio then use DVD Studio Pro, otherwise, if you don't own a suite yet, it might be worth looking at the latest Adobe Suite as it has some really great tricks to the package and you get great software like After Effects with it. Personally i prefer FCS2 but hey ho!

Also bear in mind that it it reasonably likely that both suites will recieve major upgrades in the next 18 months (x64 bit Adobe CS5 as well as, hopefully, Final Cut Studio 3 optimised for Snow Leopard).