Adobe Flash 13.0... warning

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by J R R, Apr 8, 2014.

1. J R R macrumors member

There seems to be some issues with Adobe 13.0.. updates today with some mac hardware. I have updated a Feb 2011 Macbookpro running latest OS X and Safari with no issues, yet my mid-2007 iMac (all latest software updates) just shows "plug in failure" where I would expect flash windows - including the front page of MacRumours.

Adobe are aware, but looking at their forums they have not yet replicated the issue, which would seem to be suspiciously hardware based.

Might be worth holding off for a day or so, especially if you have older hardware.

2. wasjoe macrumors newbie

Thanks for that. I just upgraded per Adobe's installer on a late 2006 Mac Pro, and am experiencing the "Plug in Failure" grey tag in place of Flash content.

Then I went to the Adobe forums to see what they had, and they're down for a "major update".

Not covering themselves in glory, Adobe is.

----------

Update, I just tried to uninstall Flash, which appeared to work. Then re-install the old version (I keep old installers), and the old version failed to install. I assume it requires some participation from Adobe's servers, which would explain that failure. Ugh.

No Flash for me, I guess...

3. wasjoe macrumors newbie

Update 2: I reinstalled the old Flash from my Time Machine backup, and now it's working again. I just won't update it again until I buy a new machine. Thanks for nothing, Adobe…

If you need instructions, there's a good thread on this topic here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6072114?start=0&tstart=0

4. jeremysteele macrumors 6502

You can always try chrome if you cant get the installer to cooperate. It uses a built-in version by default (not the system-wide version via the adobe installer).

May be worth a try if the adobe installer is being a pain.

5. xamp macrumors newbie

Can anyone running OSX 10.8 or 10.9 please send a crash log and your mac model number to ccampbel@adobe.com? Adobe is investigating this problem but needs more info.

6. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I just sent you an email with my Mac Specs and webkit crash log. This was on a any typical Youtube videos.

7. MTI macrumors 65816

Same thing happened this morning to mid 2007 iMac running Mavericks. Flash 13 also did the same thing to a Lenovo i3 laptop running Windows 7.

8. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Send those log files that were posted by xamp for both OS X and Windows to his email address. He replied to me after I sent my log files to him and he sent a link to the older version for now.

9. northernmunky macrumors 6502a

northernmunky

Update working fine here, on 10.9.2, no issues

10. MTI macrumors 65816

11. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Did the Flash player update on a 2012 iMac, no problem -- haven't been on the 2013 yet today to update it but I don't anticipate any problems. Sounds as though the issue is with older machines, so I'm heeding this warning and won't attempt to update my older Mac Mini and older MBP.

12. chrfr macrumors 603

Adobe has identified this as a known issue which affects older Macs:
    http://forums.adobe.com/message/6285851#6285851

13. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

This is important and Adobe should look at the MTI report on his Windows machine. MTI should really send his logs for both machines to the email offered in this forum.