Adobe Flash forced update

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MikeatOSX, Sep 24, 2014.

1. MikeatOSX macrumors regular

MikeatOSX

Hi,
    I often have problems, when I'm in the middle of an online document (i.e. ordering software) and can't see the next important button and immediately have to update Flash Player and have to close safari with (!) the (mostly finished) ordering document.
    This is the moment I hate Adobe!

Is there a serious way out of this dilemma?

2. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

In the Adobe Flash Player System Preferences panel (Advanced Pane), I've selected "Never check for updates (not reccommended)". This prevents Adqbe from annoying me at inopportune times.
    Given the vulnerability of Flash to hacking, I do check for updates manually every week or so.
    Of course the best solution would be to let flash go extinct like Adobe Type Manager did. That too was a constant horror show.

3. MikeatOSX thread starter macrumors regular

MikeatOSX

4. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I have my Adobe products to only alert me when updates are available. I may get the notice that an update is available but I can dismiss it with the "Remind me later" button. Never had it force me to upgrade at the moment.

5. MikeatOSX thread starter macrumors regular

MikeatOSX

6. Paulk, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014

Paulk macrumors 6502

Paulk

My problem is that I use google mail, in which I have changed my password a few times over the last few years. I did not keep a record of these old passwords as they were quite long and complex. Now I use a shorter and simpler password, it still has to be 8 digits long of both numbers and letters but easy to remember. It is the latest password that does not work, but I can't go back to the older ones to try those. I've even tried using other email addresses I have and none seem to work.

Alternatively, perhaps the password is the one for Adobe, specifically. If so I have no idea what it is, it was years since originally installing updates.

How can I overcome this problem?