ADOBE FLASH PLAYER.. HELP!! ASAP (macbook)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by meowmum, Dec 9, 2010.

1. meowmum macrumors newbie

:)hi ok so im new, i have a iphone4 and ipad and due to my love affair with these over last 2 yrs ive bitten the bullet and got a mac as soon as my rubbish toshiba died. i chose the white macbook last week and i am loving it finding it quite easy for a non -tech head like myself but i now have a huge problem!

ADOBE FLASH PLAYER i went and installed it ( its now located in my apps file) but it is not working as any site i go to eg. youtube says its missing and to install it!!:confused:

help me- ive tried applehelp the guy just told me how to install it like i hadnt, ive tried to deinstall and re install again AND ive checked my javascript etc setting and made sure my firewall is off ( i think thats right , i have no idea wot that is i just read it on a how to mac site :):confused:

PLEASE HELP!! ANY HELP NEEDS TO BE STEP BY STEP AND IN BASIC LANGUAGE AS IM SO NEW! eg dont tell me click on this .. tell me where it is

thanku all so much xx:eek:

2. simsaladimbamba

Open Safari, go to Help and choose "Installed Plugins" and scroll down to see, if you have Shockwave Flash installed.

file:///Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Plug-ins.html

3. meowmum thread starter macrumors newbie

OK SO I HAD A LOOK AND YES ITS LISTED IN THERE, I COPIED AND PASTED WHAT IT SAID BELOW

Shockwave Flash
    Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102 — from file “Flash Player.plugin”.
    MIME Type Description Extensions
    application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash swf
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player spl

SO WHAT DOES THIS MEAN ? WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE? - its also in my apps folder ( the red adobe flash icon)

thanku so very much:eek:

4. arogge macrumors 65816

arogge

The most likely problem is that you may have had your Internet browser software loaded in memory while you installed Adobe Flash Player v.10.1. If you did, the installer probably ignored that browser and exited without initializing the plugin. There is a way to fix that by editing the relevant configuration files, but the quickest method may be to run the Adobe Flash Player installer again, and not have the target browser open. No, closing the browser window doesn't close the application. You have to do an Alt+Q while the application name is shown in Apple Finder, or right-click on the application's icon in the Dock and select Quit, or select Quit from the application's menu.

5. arogge macrumors 65816

arogge

6. meowmum, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010

meowmum thread starter macrumors newbie

yey i think i got it!!!

ok so thankyou to arogge i did as you said and it worked ive now deleted the icon from my app file and happily watched 2 youtube videos..
    should i have any probs withit ill repost but thanks so much to you all !! with in 15 min i had a answer apple couldnt give me :) this is a great place for us newbies..

can i ask to the poster above how do you test a flash player, where is the test? just for future refernce!
    a million thankyous