Adobe flash player

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wediafom, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Wediafom macrumors member

So, i have had my first ever rMBP for about 3 weeks now. Coming from a PC, i love my new mac. I love that i don't have to worry about a virus by downloading third party apps or softwares. My question is, is it safe to install adobe flash player? will it make my macbook slow and hotter?

edit: the reason i am asking this is i wanted to watch youtube videos. However; youtube videos require adobe flash player. Any alternative from the Appstore that can play youtube videos?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, you can install it, and yes, Flash is known to behave badly. For Flash-related issues:
    • Find your Flash version and make sure it's the latest version available. Never install or update Flash from a pop-up on a website. Always go to Adobe's site to get Flash or updates.
    • Install ClickToFlash (Safari), Flashblock (Firefox) or FlashBlock (Chrome) to control which Flash content plays on websites.
    • Try using the YouTube HTML5 Video Player to watch YouTube videos, when available. (May impact fullscreen viewing. See link for details.) Some have reported better performance with HTML5, while some have reported worse. Try it and find out what works best for you.

3. Wediafom thread starter macrumors member

Thank you so much bro, i will check youtube HTML5 video player. On a second thought, i will just install flash from adobe. Thanks for the assurance:)