Adobe Flash plug-ins won't work

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macjay, Apr 20, 2007.

1. macjay macrumors 6502

Hi,

I clicked on a Flash online tutorial, and it told me to install the latest Flash program. I went to Adobe's site and installed Flash 9 and Shockwave. Now on any page with Flash content I get popups saying the plugins aren't installed, and I'm directed to download and install Flash (which I've already done). Anyone know how I can fix this?

BTW before I downloaded and installed Flash 9, all Flash content on the web worked fine in Safari and Firefox.

Thanks.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What sort of Mac do you have? Have you restarted?

3. NuDarwin macrumors member

NuDarwin

try closing and re-opening firefox/safari. this will most likely fix the problem.

4. mopppish macrumors 6502

I'm having the same problem. It's been intermittent, too. Sometimes it tells me I need the player (even after installing, reinstalling, restarting Safari/Firefox, resetting Safari, restarting the computer, repairing permissions) and sometimes it works. It's even intermittent for the same sights.
    Piece of crap...
    I have a C2D MBP.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Interesting. If you Get Info on your plugin, does it show as Universal, PPC or Intel?

6. dennisj macrumors newbie

I seem to be having the same or at least similar problem. For me the flash 8 plugin works but not 9. I wouldn't have a problem with this except when I come across a website that requires the latest player. I've tried installing player 9 several times (reseting the browsers and computer) but just end up reinstalling 8 again. I do have the full Flash 8 program installed on my computer if that makes a difference.

I'm running a PB G4 with PowerPC, OSX 10.4.10.

I know this thread is a little old. Has anyway found a solution?

Thanks in advance.

7. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb