Adobe Flash Problem Still

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fastlanephil, May 12, 2014.

1. fastlanephil macrumors 6502a

fastlanephil

I've reset my AirPort Express and emailed my ISP about this problem with Adobe continually sending pop up alerts on my iPad about updating Flash that block the sites I'm trying to access. Now it's the NOAA weather site among others. The affected sites seem to change every day.

What's going on?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Your ISP or your router has nothing to do with this problem. It's the websites -- ideally, they should have a non-flash version of their sites for devices like the iPad that don't support flash. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is to write to each website where this problem happens and ask them to fix it.

3. fastlanephil thread starter macrumors 6502a

fastlanephil

If that's the case why is it intermittent and even Apple.com is sometimes affected?

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Apple.com? Really? I've never seen that -- where exactly where you on Apple.com when this happened?

5. fastlanephil thread starter macrumors 6502a

fastlanephil

Just trying to load the splash page!

Right now it looks like all is well. I have also experienced loss of VOIP service with people telling my phone was dead for several hours at a time. I have a small local service that offers fiber through a PUD backbone. I never heard back from them so they must be having issues, probably with the upstream service. That's been a problem before.

My Airport Express is staying green now but I do have to select Wi-Fi in Airport Utility for it to figure it out. Otherwise Airport Utility says there is no provider even though it's working fine.