Adobe Flash problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chernoyugorit, Apr 26, 2008.

1. chernoyugorit macrumors newbie

I'm rather new to Mac, so I'll try my best to describe the problem in words that sound sensible...

I opened Safari the other day and first discovered that YouTube videos were no longer working, yielding an error which I can't currently remember and am too lazy to find. Also, Flash things on the sides of pages were not working, etc. Thinking that somehow it had gotten uninstalled (which wouldn't make that much sense; the last thing I did to the computer was install HandBrake like a month and a half ago), I went to download it again, and at the end of the process, got this error:

1008:5,-5000 Access denied error

and then:

You do not have enough access privileges for this installation.

I AM the administrator of the computer as well as the only user. I've checked in the "Internet Plug-Ins" folder, and I always see "Flash Player.plugin" or whatever it says; it's been there the whole time, but it never shows up in the "Installed Plug-Ins."

Now, currently, I'm able to get Flash to work and show up if I quit Safari, go through the installation process, and just minimize the install screen and open up Safari when it comes to the bit when I get the errors. However, this is time-consuming, probably very unhealthy for the computer, and makes the fans go crazy.

If you have any suggestions, please post them, and please try to do it in layman's terms. And, sorry for the English.

:apple:

2. VanNess macrumors 6502a

VanNess

3. chernoyugorit thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay - none of those worked. I got the Uninstaller mentioned in the solution associated with my problem and it just freezes and then crashes as soon as it's about to start, right after it tells me to close all browsers, etc. Assuming that it MIGHT have worked, I went through with the rest of the process (repairing permissions, etc) - nothing.

And the last few solutions on the page involving Terminal and Terminal commands - looks like uncharted waters to me, and I'm really afraid I'll screw up something on my computer, which I don't want. ROOT? What does that even mean?

Anyway, if anyone has any -ANY- alternate suggestions or solutions, please post them here, it'd be greatly appreciated, again.

4. lovethat.angela macrumors newbie

Same problem!

Same thing happened 2 days ago. I repaired permissions and it seems I can't download adobe flash player. what happened in the first place??! any luck on your end? thanks!

5. lovethat.angela macrumors newbie

Figured out Adobe Flash issue

After searching and seeing many people with the same issue, found the simple solution. Apparently a recent software update caused a change in Safari settings. Go to Safari/preferences/security/webcontent and check Enable Plugins. Done!