Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itstheradman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
Hi guys,

I've been having some real issues with Adobe Flash (just as an FYI, I did a search and there was no answer that helped me).

I was able to run sites that had flash perfectly until a week ago. I have no idea what happened, but all of a sudden I started getting pop-ups telling me that I need to install flash on sites that I never had issues with. This continues to happen in both Firefox and Safari.

I try to install the plugin, but after going through the motions, it tells me that I have to try a "manual install" since the automatic one will not work. I then try to install it manually, restart the computer, and when I go on the Adobe flash site, it tells me again that I need to install a flash plugin.

Anybody know what's going on? Any help will do. Thanks!

jng

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2007
Germany
Sounds like you're trying the most logical options. I don't know what to say.

Is it working in other browsers? The only other thing I can think of is finding flash player in your Applications folder, manually deleting it, and then reinstalling again.

But I have no idea how helpful that would be.

Itstheradman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
Sounds like you're trying the most logical options. I don't know what to say.

Is it working in other browsers? The only other thing I can think of is finding flash player in your Applications folder, manually deleting it, and then reinstalling again.

But I have no idea how helpful that would be.

Nope, it's not working in Safari either. The manual delete also doesn't help...

do you think anyone at the Apple store could help, or is this not part of what they offer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.