Adobe flash problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by snapzz3, Sep 26, 2012.

1. snapzz3 macrumors newbie

Im having this problem with flash, i've had it for about a week now and its starting to annoy the balls out of me..
    The problem is that when i open websites with flash on them, ads or youtube for example, it says that i need to update or download my flash player. I've done this several times and the same message still pops up.:confused:

This is on the iMac 21" with Mac OS X 10.5.8

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Flash is notorious for consuming system resources, raising temps and decreasing battery life. For Flash-related issues:
    • Find your Flash version and make sure it's the latest version available. Never install or update Flash from a pop-up on a website. Always go to Adobe's site to get Flash or updates.
    • Install ClickToFlash (Safari), Flashblock (Firefox) or FlashBlock (Chrome) to control which Flash content plays on websites.
    • Try using the YouTube HTML5 Video Player to watch YouTube videos, when available. (May impact fullscreen viewing. See link for details.) Some have reported better performance with HTML5, while some have reported worse. Try it and find out what works best for you.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Go to this web page. Does it show you have the latest version installed?

4. petsounds macrumors 65816

Is this website-specific, or has this been the same message each time? Recent versions of Flash Player automatically check to see if updates are available, and pop up a message if so. If you're saying you did in fact update to the latest version, I'm not sure what the problem would be. Flash is very stable for me. Are you using an old version of a web browser?