Adobe Flash Security Update Question Version 9 and 10

Discussion in 'macOS' started by GordonGekko999, Mar 6, 2009.

1. GordonGekko999 macrumors regular

How are you? So I was checking out a security website at the Washington Post when I came upon this article http://voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2009/02/adobe_issues_security_update_f.html#comments

In the article it detailed that Adobe issued a security update for its Flash Player. This was on February 26, 2009.

Why were we unaware of this update? So I went to the link to find out which version of Flash I have on my Macbook Pro, it was this: You have version 9,0,151,0 installed

I was unsure of whether to update to Flash 10, do you recommend updating to Flash 10, what are the pros and cons?

The article had a link if you wanted to keep Flash 9 but get the security update. So I tried to download and install the Flash 9 update. When I got to the install part it said it was unable to install, something of a preinstall failure, I did not write down the error message. Why is it not installing?

Is it because in the last Leopard security update this issue was resolved? Is that also the reason we were notified of this Adobe security update?

What other programs come preinstalled with Leopard or Safari that we need to check for security updates on our own????

Thanks for your time.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You didn't get my memo?