Adobe Flash sucks!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by objc, Nov 16, 2009.

1. objc macrumors regular

I cannot believe how pitiful the performance of flash is on Mac OS X!!!! It runs at half the speed or less than it does on Windoze. I'm having to use Adobe Connect right now at work, which uses Flash, and it's bogging down a dual 2.3Ghz Mac!!! Youtube videos also play like crap when they're not full screen. At the same time, if you play an MPEG4 video with VLC, the machine doesn't break a sweat. It's obvious that flash is the problem.

Why hasn't Adobe worked with Apple on getting this fixed?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Which version of which Flash player or plug-in are you using?

3. Zyniker macrumors 6502

This little 'issue' with flash has been an ongoing problem. You'll find literally thousands of threads and comments concerning this topic all over the Internet. Sadly, it doesn't look like something that is going to be resolved in the near future. Adobe seems to have no desire to clean up their code.

4. Steve-M macrumors regular

I'm not having any problems with flash, so it's not affecting everyone. One thing you might try is to disable hardware acceleration in the flash settings. I've seen this fix flash problems on various linux distributions.

5. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

While not everyone has problems that manifest in bad YouTube playback or the like, everyone does have horrible running Flash on their Mac.

Even if your system can keep up with the horrible demands of Flash on Mac, it uses way more processing cycles then it should or would on Windows.

Adobe Flash = Crummy program for Mac cause Adobe is either lazy or doesn't care.

6. EndlessMac macrumors 6502

I believe that's why some people are not noticing the Flash problems. Flash on Mac really is horrible and what's worst is that more and more websites are using Flash.

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I don't have flash problems at all on mac. Neither does any of the macs I own. No extra CPU usage, no problems.

8. objc thread starter macrumors regular

Actually the worst is that over 50% of the use of flash is pointless. I have blocked flash in the browser, and it sure makes things faster.

9. EndlessMac macrumors 6502

What CPU usage are you getting? Watching something on Hulu I'm getting about 60% CPU usage while on my XP partition I'm getting about 20% CPU usage.

If you have a fast computer you probably won't notice the performance lag but what people are saying is that compared to the performance on Windows the Mac version isn't great.

10. objc thread starter macrumors regular

If you're not seeing it you must have a really fast machine.