Adobe Ideas app shows up for iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macduke, Apr 2, 2010.

1. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

Here is some really exciting news! The first Adobe app for iPad, and its free! This is meant to be a companion app to Photoshop and Illustrator. Screenshot and Features:

[​IMG]

Link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/adobe-ideas-1-0-for-ipad/id364617858?mt=8

2. midcloud macrumors newbie

midcloud

Makes the iPad look like a Wacom Cintiq. Hopefully there will be a nice way of incorporating a pen/stylus. I dont think drawing with fingers can be very accurate...

3. lotusindigo macrumors regular

lotusindigo

I'm surprised, to say the least. Apparently Adobe doesn't hate Apple enough to ignore its sales potential. :D On the downside: this may indicate that Apple has no intention of releasing an iPad app that's closer to the full-featured version of Photoshop.

It doesn't mention anything about simulated pressure sensitivity, which is what makes me so excited about Sketchbook Pro. And I think the drawing included confirms the lack of this feature.

4. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

Cool and free

I hope they come out with a Photoshop Lite

5. macduke thread starter macrumors 604

macduke

Right now there is only the Pogo Sketch stylus. On a Wacom, I believe the actual pressure sensitivity is in the pen itself. This could be easily accomplished on the iPad via bluetooth and a battery powered capacitive touch pen (ok maybe not so easy?). Each drawing app would have to incorporate some sort of API or open source code that could be built by the pen maker. Pop the code into the app and activate the pen feature by pairing it.

Nice.

6. lotusindigo macrumors regular

lotusindigo