adobe illustrator and indesign installation interrupted

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by garygccy, Dec 18, 2015.

1. garygccy macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I was installing illustrator and indesign at the same time and the installation jammed. I forced-quit both installations and now the programs wouldn't work and they cannot be uninstalled too.

when i tried to uninstall using their respective uninstaller, I received this error message:

"Adobe Application manager is required to resolve this problem, however it is missing or damaged.Download a new copy of adobe manager or install this product again."

I have re-downloaded the application manager to no avail.

i tried using adobe cc cleaner tool and it crashes whenever i tried to clean up this file:

"Adobe Illustrator CC 2015_19.2.0_AdobeIllustrator19-mul"

can anyone advise on how i can resolve this issue? Thank you very much in advance

2. MacGizmo macrumors 6502a

MacGizmo

Delete all Adobe folders inside your Applications folder, including the Creative Cloud application. You will also have to manually delete any & all Adobe-related files/folders in the ~/Library folder and sub-folders such as "Application Support" and "Preferences."

A way to make that part easier:
    BEFORE you delete anything, install AppCleaner (it's free), which will make finding a lot of the random files Adobe installs easier.

Once you delete everything, restart your computer and install a freshly downloaded copy of the Creative Cloud app from Adobe's website and proceed with the other app installations.