Adobe Illustrator CS4 closes on start up!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Yamcha, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Yamcha macrumors 68000

Hi Guys,

I'm having problems launching Adobe Illustrator CS4, it closes by itself on start up, this is the trial version of course, but my days aren't up, I've tried uninstalling and installing again, doesn't work..

Anyone know how I can fix this.. its driving me nuts, I just wanna use illustrator.. I've got Adobe Photoshop aswell and its working perfectly fine..

2. Forsaken macrumors regular

Forsaken

Go to ~(this being your username)/library/preferences, then look for a .plist file with adobe.illustrator in its file name. Drag it to the trash then start Illustrator up again.

3. yeslek macrumors newbie

Me Too!!

I have the same problem.

I have Illustrator 4 and I just recently bought a Macbook Pro. I had the applications moved to the Pro. Everything works great....but Illustrator does that shut down thing. I uninstalled and reinstalled twice, with two different programs, but no luck at all. I did what you suggested above, but that didn't work either.

I downloaded the trial 5 just so I have something to work with and that isn't giving me any problems. PLEASE anyone help me with this! I really don't feel like shelling out money for the 5!

Thank you so much in advance for anyone's help!