-Adobe Illustrator-

kjdenison

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
Chicago, IL
I know this is obviously not an Illustrator forum, but I have been here forever and know that we have some great design minds here. I am trying to do something I thought was simple but am unsure how to do it. I am trying to take a regular solid filled graphic and gradient it or color 3 portions of it to look like an italian flag using the 3 colors. Can anyone help?! It's more than appreciated.

Thanks
Kurt

point665

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2004
Well unless you need a vector I would do this in PS. Just simply use the gradient tool and fade the gradients in... If its a photograph or picture create a new layer with the colors on it, then change mode to "color".

Comment

kjdenison

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
Chicago, IL
I ended up figuring it out, I had to create a new gradient in illustrator. I had done it before, but for the life of me, could not remember how to do it. Then I just expanded the graphic and developed the gradient to my desire and stuck it on. Really simple to do, you just have to take samples of the 3 colors you want and place swatches in the swatch pallet and then choose those 3 when your creating a gradient in the gradient pallet. Thanks for your help though!

Kurt
www.kurtdenison.com

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.