Adobe Illustrator

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by animas, Jun 23, 2009.

1. animas macrumors newbie

Hello! I got my macbook about a year ago and it is working just fine. I have a problem though. You see I have both Photoshop and Illustrator on my macbook because those are the two programs I use most for work. The photoshop runs fine. When I open up the illustrator application it runs but I don't see any windows or brushes and tools and none of the shortcuts work. So what I did was this: I made a new admin account on my computer and opened up the application there. It worked perfectly and I could see all the tools, templates etc. Is there a reason illustrator wont run properly on the original account? Is there anyway I can fix this? I have also tried deleting and reinstalling the application. Nothing works. It is kind of annoying having to switch accounts and go back and forth. Any solutions?

2. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

When you say deleted and reinstalled, did you delete the preferences files too? It's located at user/library/preferences. If you did not just delete it and see what happens.

And it may be worth a try to deactivate all your fonts except the system ones.

3. animas thread starter macrumors newbie

ahhhh thats what i didn't do! I thought I had deleted everything. Silly me I just went in and deleted all the plug ins and reinstalled it works now! thanks :D

4. PhixionFilms macrumors 6502

Yes, when something "Crashes" like this, just erase your prefs first. All the newer applications are doing this, but its slowly getting better.

I know it is common for me to trash my Final Cut Pro prefs atleast once a month because the program just craps out on me for some strange reason.