Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sharifi14

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
Hi,

I have a 2-page InDesign CS3 document and want one page to be portrait (default) and the other landscape. Does anybody know how to do this?

Looking forward to hearing your replies, regards,

Alex

a456

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2005
Orientation really applies to the paper not the page. Rotate the table or figure.

sharifi14

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
I see. My first page is very text-heavy so needs to be portrait. My second page is a wide table so needs to be landscape.

Is there no way that I can make an individual page landscape? Or do all pages have to be the same orientation in the document?

sharifi14

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
The only way I know of doing it is with this plug-in.

Ouch - 59 Euros, not so sure, but thanks anyway. I think I'll just rotate my text for now, but my neck is starting to ache reading text at a 90 degree angle, thanks Adobe! Now I can understand why you'd want to rotate the screen with some of those annoying graphics for drivers for Windows that sit in the tray!

a456

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2005
I see. My first page is very text-heavy so needs to be portrait. My second page is a wide table so needs to be landscape.

Is there no way that I can make an individual page landscape? Or do all pages have to be the same orientation in the document?

You can rotate an entire page using the tool on the left bar that is an arrow making a circular movement if that helps.

a456

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2005
Your other alternative is to create a book file out of the two pages and then print the whole book as a single PDF.

sharifi14

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
You can rotate an entire page using the tool on the left bar that is an arrow making a circular movement if that helps.

I've just done what you suggested and rotated my text and table. Thanks for your help.

a456

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2005
Glad to be of help, I'm pretty new to the whole InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop game myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.