Adobe Introduces Photoshop Touch SDK and 3 iPad Apps for Photoshop

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Alongside Creative Suite 5.5, Adobe has also announced the Photoshop Touch Software Development Kit that allows developers to create mobile and tablet applications that interact with Adobe Photoshop CS5.

As an example, Adobe has developed three initial Photoshop CS5 companian apps for the Apple iPad. The apps will be priced from $1.99 to $4.99 and will be available in early May. They include:

Adobe Eazel
With Adobe Eazel, you can use your iPad and your fingertips to paint beautiful works of art. Paint across your entire iPad screen, and easily access the tools you need. Send your artwork directly to Photoshop CS5 from any location—all you need is a network connection between your iPad and computer. Or do all your painting in the app, and share via email.
Adobe Nav
With Adobe Nav and a network connection between your iPad and computer, you can customize the Photoshop CS5 toolbar on iPad to easily access the tools you use most. Browse, reorder, view, and zoom in on up to 200 open Photoshop documents on iPad. Tap a document on iPad to make it the active document in Photoshop CS5. Disconnect from the network and use iPad to easily share files in person with others.
Adobe Color Lava
With Adobe Color Lava, you can use your fingertips to mix colors on your iPad and create custom swatches and five-swatch themes. Instantly access them in Photoshop CS5—all you need is a network connection between your iPad and computer. Or use the app wherever inspiration strikes, and then bring your colors into Photoshop CS5 when you're connected. Share colors via email, too.
Article Link: Adobe Introduce Photoshop Touch SDK and 3 iPad Apps for Photoshop

mKizzo

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2008
Now this sounds fun...and practical. Could certainly help those working on smaller screens or without dual monitors.

But having separate apps for each one sounds a hasstle. Would be much better to have 1 app on the iPad with tabs at the bottom for the different functions. Looking forward to trying this out.

mikeapple

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2010
This definitely owns the guy in the "Eee Pad Windows 7 Tablet" commercial where he touts about being able to download Photoshop on it..:cool:

haruhiko

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2009
I hope that this is the first step for Adobe and Apple to go back to their cooperative relationship.

haruhiko

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2009

bobborries

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2006
Los Angeles
Two handed clone tool

What we really want is a multi-touch clone tool, where one hand dynamically defines the sample area and the other paints the destination, at the same time, in real-time.

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
What we really want is a multi-touch clone tool, where one hand dynamically defines the sample area and the other paints the destination, at the same time, in real-time.
Give this man a star. You win.

I'm really glad that Adobe is embracing these platforms. I've been chatting with John Nack on Twitter about some of this stuff, and how I hope to make the iPad a big part of my design studio someday as it could be huge as a collaboration tool and design aid.

Journojulz

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2008
The first problem can be solved by a capacitive stylus.
The second problem can be treated with personality coaching. ;)

----------------------------

But yes - this is why the iPad has so much potential.

Mixing desk for Logic/Garageband please and an effects interface for 'Mainstage' for live performance please!

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
The first problem can be solved by a capacitive stylus.
Partially, but not fully.

I have an iPad and a Boxwave Stylus. It's fun, but when compared to my Cintiq 12wx, it's nothing more than a toy. The iPad's tracking is sub-par, it lacks pressure-sensitivity, it doesn't support stylus tilt, let alone stylus barrel rotation.

But here's looking forward to a future where I can carry around just a tablet, and it does everything my MBPro 17" and Cintiq do -- which require huge backpack if I want to lug around both.

doctor-don

macrumors 68000
Dec 26, 2008
Georgia USA
One would believe that somewhere in past history the authors of articles on here - as well as other sites - would have been taught about NOT using split infinitives. I am so tired of reading these and seeing all the errors to the English language.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.