Adobe issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Nitro1, May 31, 2009.

1. Nitro1 macrumors 6502

Adobe CS3 issue
    I have the Adobe CS3 master collection (from my work) and i am having an issue. I want to put this full suite onto an external hard drive and then when i have to restore my Mac i can then get it off of the external.
    The problem. I have put it on the external and when i go to put it back on my Mac the software says that is has stopped due to a license issue and then the software closes. I do not know if i should make a copy of the disc so it will always be available to me or is there a way i can make a copy of the software and move it from computer to external and vice-versa.

Either way please help me out and let me know what to do. If the recommendation is to make a copy of the software please let me know how to do that and what software to do it with.

Thank you

2. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

I recommend that you buy it and all your problems will go away :p

3. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I've never used CS3 on OSX, but I'm going to guess it works the same way as the Windows version. In the Windows versions, you have to uninstall in and remove the license in order to reinstall the software. You can only have it installed in one place at a time. Basically, you would have to save all your files to the external drive, de-activate the license for CS3/uninstall, and then reformat/restore your machine, then re-install CS3 from the original source.

This is assuming you have an original, licensed copy, of course.