Adobe just doesn't care about Macs

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dontwalkhand, Feb 12, 2012.

1. dontwalkhand, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012

dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Screen Shot 2012-02-12 at 3.15.05 PM.png Screen Shot 2012-02-12 at 3.15.00 PM.jpg
    Why is it that Adobe insists on putting ALL OF THESE UNINSTALL ICONS on the Launchpad? It is as if they just don't care about coding anything properly, and this is the mess we are left to clean up!

Are they just saying that Adobe admits they suck so much that they even throw uninstall apps on my launchpad?

2. mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

Sorry, I know that we're required to hate Adobe, but this one is Apple's fault. Any folder under Applications with multiple icons shows up like this in LaunchPad. I wonder why those Office application icons don't seem to bother you...

3. wpotere Guest

4. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Office doesn't bother me because they are apps I would use. I also don't mind the separate icons for each of the Adobe apps. It is those Uninstall apps and other useless utilities that NOBODY would ever use anyway. How often would I use "UNINSTALL Adobe..." that I would need those visible in Applications OR launchpad?

5. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

You think Apple gives a **** about anybody else but Apple?

6. mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

I'll grant you that. All those uninstall icons should have been hidden away in another folder or the apps should have been programmed to cleanly uninstall by simply dragging to the trash like other apps. But that was designed before Launchpad, so I'm still blaming Apple for this one.

Now, if CS 6.0 installs in the same messy way, then I think Adobe has no excuse for not making a cleaner looking package.

7. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Why not just create a folder, name it - for example "Adobe Uninstall", put all the relevant folders in it and problem solved!

8. G4DPII macrumors regular

G4DPII

That would require thought and common sense. Something which is clearly lacking for a lot of people these days.