Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

disdat

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2005
New England USA
They must be bombarded with requests or something. I can't get through to the join or test pages. Just shows a blank page.

I am using Firefox.

Oh nice, when I use Safari it works. Way to go Adobe! sigh. Hopefully they will fix this soon!

disdat

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2005
New England USA
Hey all, is everyone using Safari? I am bummed because it won't work with Firefox.

Is it just me, or is no one using Firefox?

Thanks!

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
knocks the socks off flickr and .mac web gallery from first looks..

joined up this morning, but haven't had much time to actually play..
will give it a trial tonight..

oh yeah.. its US only although there's no way to verify that anyway!! lol..

disdat it worked on firefox (windows - at work!) for me no problem at all..

sonor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
London, UK
Hey all, is everyone using Safari? I am bummed because it won't work with Firefox.

Is it just me, or is no one using Firefox?

Thanks!

I was using Safari when I signed up, but just now I tried logging in with Firefox (2.0.0.12) and it seems to work fine.

disdat

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2005
New England USA
Ack, something is majorly messed up over here.

I upgraded Firefox I think yesterday 2.0.0.13 - it doesn't seem right. It has crashed like four times this morning. ugh.

Well thank you all for replying. Good to know it isn't a problem with the site, just me!

Probably one of my many FF extensions!

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
This is crazy cool. So simple and elegant and does simple tasks that people always ask me to do for them. I think this will be huge for adobe.

fistful

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Socan
I'd give it more of a play if my internet weren't so slow. :rolleyes:

Seems rather nifty though.

It's not as cool as I thought it would be... it doesn't work on my iPhone!!! :eek::eek::confused::confused::confused:

I wonder it they will develop it in the form of an iPhone app at some point?

princealfie

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2006
Salt Lake City UT
I'm sorry but people don't want to edit photos on a small low resolution phone screen.

uhhh... yeah but there is a camera on my iPhone and I would love to edit on the fly without having to drag around another laptop! :(

So with the zoom function, you really don't need to care about low resolution if you can make the picture larger.

coryetzkorn

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2007
WOW... THIS IS REALLY COOL

I usually need the full power of photoshop CS3, but this is a very useful tool. I can see it getting very popular with people who just need to casual adjust their photos but don't want to invest in complicated software - that's a big market too.

This will be nice when I'm using a crappy school Dell computer with only Microsoft office installed. It's kinda like google docs for photos... a very functional app ported to the web. Nice to have when you can't access the full version.

The web gallery is great too. Go Adobe!

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Horrible idea.
Web applications = not accessible if no internet access and slow. Severs go? Bye-bye.

I think this is a narrow minded view. We're going to be more internet connected over time. Web applications are the future. What's nice is that you don't have to have Photoshop or anything installed. You just need a browser with Flash support.

"computers, no good. if the electricity goes out. you'll get no work done. books/candles are the way to go."

arn

Yacomo

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2006
Zug, Switzerland
Be aware of the TOS

As hinted by sgibson: Before getting all excited I strongly suggest taking a look at the TOS:

The default TOS:

https://www.photoshop.com/express/pxterms.html

Contain by reference the following TOS:

https://www.photoshop.com/express/terms.html

which contain the following section:

8. Use of Your Content.

Adobe does not claim ownership of Your Content. However, with respect to Your Content that you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Services, you grant Adobe a worldwide, royalty-free, nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable license to use, distribute, derive revenue or other remuneration from, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Content into other Materials or works in any format or medium now known or later developed.

Which essentially grants Adobe full rights to all your posted work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.